Our Mission, Beliefs and Goals
At Roaring Brook School, our mission is to inspire in each student a joy and passion for learning and a commitment to excellence, personal integrity, and social responsibility.
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
We educate students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically to acquire knowledge and skills, to develop creativity and character, and to pursue their interests, realize their potential, and meet the challenges in a constantly changing world.
We believe that …..
- A high quality education is fundamental to create a life with purpose, meaning, and happiness.
- Educated people of good character are essential to democracy.
- Public education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Trust and respect are prerequisites for sustaining and improving safe and successful schools.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and innovation are essential.
- All people have value and should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to…..
- Clear communication and transparent processes.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and innovative programs.
- Meeting the needs of all students within local, state, and national requirements.
- Collaboration, professional development, and ethical practice.
- Continuous improvement through systematically assessing our actions and outcomes.
- Using all resources efficiently and effectively to the greatest advantage of all students.
GOALS & STRATEGIC ACTIONS
Goal I: Culture
▪Model and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment.
▪Provide a positive school climate that respects the dignity and diversity of all individuals.
▪Cultivate and celebrate excellence and innovation.
Goal II: Achievement
▪Increase individual student achievement with the Avon curriculum.
▪Identify and use a variety of highly effective teaching techniques.