Welcome to Avon Public Schools.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION DATES
Children whose 5th birthday falls on or before January 1, 2021 are eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2020 - 2021 school year. To register your child for kindergarten, please refer to the information listed below for registering a new student.
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 from 7:00 am - 4:00 pm (Snow Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020)
Monday, March 2, 2020 from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (Snow Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2020)
TO REGISTER A NEW STUDENT
Please bring the documentation required for proof of identity and residency for your child.
To register your child, we ask that you come to the Registration Office at the Avon Board of Education Administrative Offices at 34 Simsbury Road between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
For proof of your child's identity, please bring one of the following:
- original U.S. birth certificate, or
- current U.S. passport, or
- foreign original birth certificate with a current passport
For proof of your residency, please bring one set of the following:
- current signed lease and utility bill, or
- mortgage statement and utility bill, or
- warranty deed/title and utility bill
Items must show parent(s) name(s) as well as current address.
FOR CHANGES OF ADDRESS OR NAME
Please complete the Change of Information Form and bring the required documentation to the Registration Office.
- Change of Information Form
- Documentation required for change of address - current utility bill showing new address plus current mortgage bill with new address; or current utility bill plus valid rental agreement; or current utility bill plus warranty deed. A recent email from utility company showing name, new address and start of services will also be accepted if a utility bill is not yet available.
- Documentation required for legal name change - legal court order of name change or an original copy of the changed birth certificate showing new name.