Welcome to Avon Public Schools.
To register your child, we ask that you come to the Registration Office at the Avon Board of Education Administrative Offices at 34 Simsbury Road between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
TO REGISTER A NEW STUDENT
Please complete the following forms and bring the documentation required for proof of identity and residency for your child:
- Registration Form (includes language survey)
- Computer Use Form (required for all students in grades K through 12)
- Connecticut State Health Assessment Form (all entering students must show proof of a health assessment completed within twelve months before entering school and must be immunized as required by Connecticut General Statutes)
- Authorization to Obtain Student Records (for students in grades K-12 transferring from another school)
For proof of your child's identity, please bring one of the following:
- original U.S. birth certificate, or
- current U.S. passport, or
- foreign original birth certificate with a current passport
For proof of your residency, please bring one set of the following:
- current signed lease and utility bill, or
- mortgage statement and utility bill, or
- warranty deed/title and utility bill
Items must show parent(s) name(s) as well as current address.
FOR CHANGES OF ADDRESS OR NAME
Please complete the Change of Information Form and bring the required documentation to the Registration Office.
- Change of Information Form
- Documentation required for change of address - current utility bill showing new address plus current mortgage bill with new address. A valid rental agreement, property tax statement or warranty deed showing new address may replace mortgage bill.
- Documentation required for legal name change - legal court order of name change or an original copy of the changed birth certificate showing new name.
Frequently Asked Questions
The process of registering your child for school will only take a few minutes if you have all the forms completed and necessary documentation as required. The registration process which includes entering student's information into the Districts systems, screenings if necessary, preparing schedules and placement in classes, assigning bus transportation and, if needed, requesting student records takes approximately three days. The process can be delayed if we are missing any necessary documentation. The child may not attend school if proof of a current physical with necessary immunizations is not provided.
Pine Grove School is for students in grades Kindergarten – Grade 4, and generally serves families living in the eastern part of Avon. The Registrar will confirm the school your child will attend.
Roaring Brook School is for children in Pre-School to Grade 4, and generally serves families living in the western section of Avon. The Registrar will confirm the school your child will attend.
Students in grades 5 & 6 will attend Thompson Brook School.
Students in grades 7 & 8 will attend Avon Middle School.
Students in grades 9-12 will attend Avon High School.