Mobile Drawer Trigger

Mobile Search Element

Main Nav

Util Nav

Portal Nav


Welcome to Avon Public Schools.

Avon Public Schools is currently closed due to the COVID-19 virus. During this time, we are asking families who need to register their child(ren) for the current school year or next school year to please complete this short survey and when we reopen we will contact you to come in and complete the registration process.

Please use this link to access the survey: New Registration Form


Please bring the documentation required for proof of identity and residency for your child.

To register your child, we ask that you come to the Registration Office at the Avon Board of Education Administrative Offices at 34 Simsbury Road between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:30 pm

Children whose 5th birthday falls on or before January 1, 2021 are eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2020 - 2021 school year. To register your child for kindergarten, please refer to the information listed below for registering a new student.

For proof of your child's identity, please bring one of the following:

  • original U.S. birth certificate, or
  • current U.S. passport, or
  • foreign original birth certificate with a current passport


For proof of your residency, please bring one set of the following:

  • current signed lease and utility bill, or
  • mortgage statement and utility bill, or
  • warranty deed/title and utility bill

Items must show parent(s) name(s) as well as current address.


Please complete the Change of Information Form and bring the required documentation to the Registration Office.  

  • Change of Information Form 
    • Documentation required for change of address - current utility bill showing new address plus current mortgage bill with new address; or current utility bill plus valid rental agreement; or current utility bill plus warranty deed.  A recent email from utility company showing name, new address and start of services will also be accepted if a utility bill is not yet available.
    • Documentation required for legal name change - legal court order of name change or an original copy of the changed birth certificate showing new name.

Frequently Asked Questions