Welcome to Avon Public Schools.
To register your child, we ask that you come to the Registration Office at the Avon Board of Education Administrative Offices at 34 Simsbury Road between the hours of 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
TO REGISTER A STUDENT FOR KINDERGARTEN
Children whose 5th birthday falls on or before January 1, 2020 are eligible to attend kindergarten in the 2019 - 2020 school year. To register your child for kindergarten, please refer to the information listed below for registering a new student.
TO REGISTER A NEW STUDENT
Please bring the documentation required for proof of identity and residency for your child.
For proof of your child's identity, please bring one of the following:
- original U.S. birth certificate, or
- current U.S. passport, or
- foreign original birth certificate with a current passport
For proof of your residency, please bring one set of the following:
- current signed lease and utility bill, or
- mortgage statement and utility bill, or
- warranty deed/title and utility bill
Items must show parent(s) name(s) as well as current address.
FOR CHANGES OF ADDRESS OR NAME
Please complete the Change of Information Form and bring the required documentation to the Registration Office.
- Change of Information Form
- Documentation required for change of address - current utility bill showing new address plus current mortgage bill with new address; or current utility bill plus valid rental agreement; or current utility bill plus warranty deed. A recent email from utility company showing name, new address and start of services will also be accepted if a utility bill is not yet available.
- Documentation required for legal name change - legal court order of name change or an original copy of the changed birth certificate showing new name.
Frequently Asked Questions
The process of registering your child for school will only take a few minutes if you have all the forms completed and necessary documentation as required. The registration process which includes entering student's information into the Districts systems, screenings if necessary, preparing schedules and placement in classes, assigning bus transportation and, if needed, requesting student records takes approximately three days. The process can be delayed if we are missing any necessary documentation. The child may not attend school if proof of a current physical with necessary immunizations is not provided.
Pine Grove School is for students in grades Kindergarten – Grade 4, and generally serves families living in the eastern part of Avon. The Registrar will confirm the school your child will attend.
Roaring Brook School is for children in Pre-School to Grade 4, and generally serves families living in the western section of Avon. The Registrar will confirm the school your child will attend.
Students in grades 5 & 6 will attend Thompson Brook School.
Students in grades 7 & 8 will attend Avon Middle School.
Students in grades 9-12 will attend Avon High School.