We believe that …
- A high quality education is fundamental to create a life with purpose, meaning, and happiness.
- Educated people of good character are essential to democracy.
- Public education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Trust and respect are prerequisites for sustaining and improving safe and successful schools.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and innovation are essential.
- All people have value and should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to…
- Clear communication and transparent processes.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and innovative programs.
- Meeting the needs of all students within local, state, and national requirements.
- Collaboration, professional development, and ethical practice.
- Continuous improvement through systematically assessing our actions and outcomes.
- Using all resources efficiently and effectively to the greatest advantage of all students.
Goals & Strategic Actions
- Ensure our district culture aligns with our mission and beliefs.
- Model by example our beliefs and professional ethics.
- Create respectful school cultures that foster innovation and excellence.
- Provide meaningful partnerships with schools, families, the local community, and beyond.
- Maintain safe and healthy learning environments.
- Allocate resources and staff efficiently and appropriately to meet the mission of the schools, and local, state, and national requirements.
- Maintain a climate that recognizes the dignity and self-worth of each person.
- Create multiple opportunities for students to engage in collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking, innovation, and creative expression.
- Develop and implement programs, activities, and experiences to ensure students are prepared for college, career, and life.
- Clearly articulate and implement a Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 curriculum that is vertically aligned, rigorous, and relevant.
- Encourage and support students to participate in meaningful community learning and citizenship activities.
- Design, implement, and evaluate teaching and learning to achieve and maintain high standards.
- Provide all students with the opportunity to achieve at their highest levels.
- Align our professional development to meet the needs of all staff in fulfilling their responsibilities and foster continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement plans to integrate evolving technologies to support high quality teaching and learning.
- Foster meaningful connections with alumni to assess their post-secondary success as it reflects on their Avon Public School experience.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Provide communication that is purposeful, clear, and concise.
- Identify and utilize a variety of techniques to communicate, inform, educate, and respond to all stakeholders.
- Educate the community on how resources are secured and utilized to operate the schools.