We believe that …
- A high quality education is fundamental to create a life with purpose, meaning, and happiness.
- Educated people of good character are essential to democracy.
- Public education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Trust and respect are prerequisites for sustaining and improving safe and successful schools.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and innovation are essential.
- All people have value and should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to…
- Clear communication and transparent processes.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and innovative programs.
- Meeting the needs of all students within local, state, and national requirements.
- Collaboration, professional development, and ethical practice.
- Continuous improvement through systematically assessing our actions and outcomes.
- Using all resources efficiently and effectively to the greatest advantage of all students.
So that every Avon Public School student is consistently challenged and empowered to...
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
- Think critically and creatively to solve challenging problems and advance their own academic and personal goals.
- Be self-directed, self-regulated, and resilient as they live, learn, earn, and navigate their own pathway to success.