Welcome to the Avon Public Schools Technology Department. The Technology Department services students, staff, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community.
- Can I use Nexflix, Hulu, HBO GO or any other online personal streaming site to show a movie/show to my class?
- Can I move my computer to another location?
- Can I keep my laptop if I am going on maternity leave or FMLA?
- If I leave the district, how long will I have access to my Google account including Gmail?
- Can I bring a personal device, printer, or other technology equipment and have it installed and used in my classroom?
- Can I share my network or email account with another teacher, student, or substitute teacher?
- Can visitors or substitutes use the public WiFi in any of the schools in the district?
According to Title 17, Chapter 1, § 110(1) you may show all or part of a movie, in a face-to-face (F2F) classroom, provided that the movie was made lawfully and it is for educational use only and not for entertainment or commercial use.