Special Education Parent Teacher Association/SEPTA
What is SEPTA?
- SEPTA is a PTA within a school district. SEPTA brings together people who are interested in special education and children with special needs.
- SEPTA supports, strengthens and promotes the welfare of children with special needs.
- SEPTA promotes an understanding of special education and strives to enrich the lives of children with special needs.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF SEPTA?
- To ensure that all children receive an education that allows them to reach their full potential.
- To bring together parents, families and teachers of children with special needs in order to share their experiences.
- To educate parents about special education, including the identification and placement procedures for children with special needs.
- To inform legislators, school boards, and the community about the importance of special education programs.
- To improve the lives of children by providing cultural, social and physical enrichment.
- To advocate for children with special needs and their right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
SEPTA Officers (2017-18)
President: Jennifer Roth
Co-Vice Pres: Catherine Jacques & Kim Stevenson
Secretary: Jennifer Olander
Treasurer: Stephanie Lane
Teacher/Staff Rep: Jill Polinsky
UPCOMING MEETING DATES:
SEPTA presents CT Parent Advocacy Center Workshop - March 11, 2019 at 7pm at Avon High School's Community Room
Please visit Facebook Page - www.Facebook.com/Avon SEPTA
To become a member, please contact: SEPTA.Avon@gmail.com