What is SEPTA?
- SEPTA is a PTA within a school district. SEPTA brings together people who are interested in special education and children with special needs.
- SEPTA supports, strengthens and promotes the welfare of children with special needs.
- SEPTA promotes an understanding of special education and strives to enrich the lives of children with special needs.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF SEPTA?
- To ensure that all children receive an education that allows them to reach their full potential.
- To bring together parents, families and teachers of children with special needs in order to share their experiences.
- To educate parents about special education, including the identification and placement procedures for children with special needs.
- To inform legislators, school boards, and the community about the importance of special education programs.
- To improve the lives of children by providing cultural, social and physical enrichment.
- To advocate for children with special needs and their right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
SEPTA Officers (2021-2022)
|President: Jessica Stevens|
|Vice President: Alison Reno Leeds|
|Treasurer: Jennifer Lavore|
|Secretary: Jennifer Knox|
|Members-at-Large: Dimpy Malvania and Stephanie Lane|
To become a member, share topics/speakers for upcoming meetings or contact for any questions, please email Avon SEPTA at: SEPTA.Avon@gmail.com