General Supplies List
The following list of supplies are recommended for your middle school student in support of the learning in all content areas. Although this is a comprehensive list that covers most of the classes offered at Avon Middle School, additional supplies may be requested by specific classes or based on the requirements of various class projects.
This list has been updated for the 2020-2021 school year to account for the in-person, hybrid, and remote COVI-19 learning plans that have been developed for Avon Public Schools and Avon Middle School specifically. The list below is only a suggestion, not required, with the exception of the face mask.
Grades 7 and 8:
- Face mask that fully covers the nose and mouth (required for all students to wear for the duration of the school day)
- Backpack (to carry throughout the school day, lockers will not be used)
- Pens (Blue, Black, Red)
- #2 Pencils
- Colored pencils
- Highlighters (various colors)
- Three Ring Binders
- Depending on students' preferred method of organization, either separate 1" three ring binders for classes or one large binder with dividers for separate subject areas
- Pocket folders for each subject area (up to 8)
- Sticky notes (optional)
- Notebooks/loose leaf paper for use in binder(s)
- Graph paper (for use at home during remote learning, optional)
*A minimum of a scientific calculator is suggested; however, a TI-84 graphing calculator (such as a TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator or a TI-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculator) will be introduced in 8th grade and required in high school. We would like you to consider purchasing a graphing calculator for your student as it will be used in both 8th grade science and math classes. This is not an inexpensive calculator – the cost for the equipment is approximately $125. However, it is the same calculator required for math classes at Avon High School. Care should be taken to secure this item at all times while at school.