As your Superintendent of Schools, I make the following administrative commitments to the Avon Public Schools:
- Nurture a shared leadership model.
- Be visible in all schools.
- Publicly represent the needs of the district, students and staff.
- Educate others about all of the functions of the school district.
- Allocate resources to support sustained professional development and the implementation of a technology acquisition plan.
- Maintain a school district that is responsive to the needs of constituent groups.
- Maintain transparent district processes that ensure efficient use of financial resources and human capital.
- Develop and support opportunities that nourish the individual strengths of all staff.
- Provide safe, secure and stimulating learning environments for all students.
- Implement a long-range plan for programs, services, staffing and facilities.
- Research, design and attempt to secure supplemental sources of revenue for the school district.
- Develop a learning organization model that is based on mutual respect, shared values and collaborative leadership.
- Foster a climate and culture in the district that supports risk-taking, open dialogue as well as personal and professional self-reflection.
Gary S. Mala, Superintendent of Schools
Avon Public Schools