Mission / Goals
Our mission is to inspire in each student a joy and passion for learning and a commitment to excellence, personal integrity, and social responsibility.
Statement of Beliefs
We educate students intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically to acquire knowledge and skills, to develop creativity and character, and to pursue their interests, realize their potential, and meet the challenges in a constantly changing world.
We believe that …..
- A high quality education is fundamental to create a life with purpose, meaning, and happiness.
- Educated people of good character are essential to democracy.
- Public education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Trust and respect are prerequisites for sustaining and improving safe and successful schools.
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and innovation are essential.
- All people have value and should be treated with dignity and respect.
We are committed to…..
- Clear communication and transparent processes.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and innovative programs.
- Meeting the needs of all students within local, state, and national requirements.
- Collaboration, professional development, and ethical practice.
- Continuous improvement through systematically assessing our actions and outcomes.
- Using all resources efficiently and effectively to the greatest advantage of all students.
Goals & Strategic Actions
Goal I: Culture
- Ensure our district culture aligns with our mission and beliefs.
- Model by example our beliefs and professional ethics.
- Create respectful school cultures that foster innovation and excellence.
- Provide meaningful partnerships with schools, families, the local community, and beyond.
- Maintain safe and healthy learning environments.
- Allocate resources and staff efficiently and appropriately to meet the mission of the schools, and local, state, and national requirements.
- Maintain a climate that recognizes the dignity and self-worth of each person.
Goal II. Achievement
- Create multiple opportunities for students to engage in collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking, innovation, and creative expression.
- Develop and implement programs, activities, and experiences to ensure students are prepared for college, career, and life.
- Clearly articulate and implement a Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 curriculum that is vertically aligned, rigorous, and relevant.
- Encourage and support students to participate in meaningful community learning and citizenship activities.
- Design, implement, and evaluate teaching and learning to achieve and maintain high standards.
- Provide all students with the opportunity to achieve at their highest levels.
- Align our professional development to meet the needs of all staff in fulfilling their responsibilities and foster continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement plans to integrate evolving technologies to support high quality teaching and learning.
- Foster meaningful connections with alumni to assess their post-secondary success as it reflects on their Avon Public School experience.
Goal III. Communication
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, school personnel, and community members.
- Provide communication that is purposeful, clear, and concise.
- Identify and utilize a variety of techniques to communicate, inform, educate, and respond to all stakeholders.
- Educate the community on how resources are secured and utilized to operate the schools.